Tuesday, April 13, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things (part 2)














5. Taking pictures
I've been into photography lately. Ever since SXSW and my pseudo photography skills, I've been kind of addicted. I don't know shit about photography, but I've been doing a lot of online research and testing with my borrowed Canon Rebel. Soon sweet Chelsey Kilzer and I are making a trip to Laguna Gloria for a photo shoot. Anyone want their picture taken?

4.


3. Being published
No, I haven't gotten over it. Probably never will. There is nothing like a byline to make my entire day. I'm not quite at the giddy level where I was in my first semester (aka I don't obnoxiously post everything on Facebook), but I'm still pretty close. I surely hope these are things I will experience for the rest of my life, the thrill and being published, that is.
SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION: You can download the latest issue of Performer, the magazine I intern for, here. After the .pdf downloads, if you don't feel like reading the rest you can just search my name for the best parts. :)

2. Letters
I don't get them very often, but I've stockpiled each one that I've gotten in college. There is something so nice about someone's handwriting. It doesn't matter if it's on paper or a greeting card, if the note is short or long, I save it. I want to write letters from France (in French) to everyone this summer, and maybe they will save them and think it is as cool as I do. Most likely they will not.

1.

What makes you happy?

2 comments:

  1. shout out, yeahh.
    and if you write me i'll treasure it for life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. umm pen palls
    like reall legit stationary pen palls
    from july-august 2010
    jan-may 2011


    just sayinggg

    ReplyDelete