Thursday, March 25, 2010

This is not a music blog

...but for anyone who knows me, you know I can't go more than a minute without mentioning something music related. SO
The National is coming out with a new album, FINALLY. Their last album Boxer was one of my favorites of 2007, and their 2005 album Alligator was drooled over by everyone from Rolling Stone to the insatiable Pitchfork.

Anyways, the point of my gushing is a free mp3 they've released to promote the album. "Bloodbuzz Ohio" is the first single from the forthcoming High Violet. It seems like they're up to the old tricks from what I've heard. Nothing innovative, but still brilliant. You can download it here. The album is out in mid-May.
& if you're unfamiliar with the band, I'd start with this "Fake Empire" from Boxer:



I'm still wrapping up South by Southwest stuff. I've got a lot of writing to do and hundreds of photos to delete. This was the first time in a while that I've played photographer, but I think they turned out very well, mostly thanks to the Rebel. I don't really feel like it's very hard to take a good picture with that camera. It made me look legit in more ways in one, too. You'd be surprised how quick people are to give up well-earned crowd spots for a photographer.


I'll try to update this with something daily. Not always about music, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment